The Transforming Leaders program is designed to meet the individualized developmental goals of each participant. When each participant applies, they lay out what they believe they need to be comfortable stepping into the role of a leader.
The 2020 Transforming Leaders schedule is below. We are working to finalize dates for the 2021 Transforming Leaders cohort, which will likely follow a similar schedule.
Building our Learning Community (Orientation) | September 22 & 24
Authentic Leadership (Leadership Philosophy & Clarifying Values) | September 29 & October 6
Relational Leadership (Emotional Intelligence, Giving & Receiving Feedback, Difficult Conversations) | October 13, 20, 27
Harnessing Paradoxical Thinking | November 3
Team Leadership (Trust & High Performing Teams) | November 10 & 17
Change and Innovation | December 1 & 8
Transforming Leaders 2020 Graduation | December 10
COVID-19 Measures: The safety of our participants is a top priority. In response to COVID-19, we will likely offer Transforming Leaders 2021 in a blended in-person and virtual format – following the distribution of the COVID-19 vaccine. We will offer opportunities for the Transforming Leaders class to meet and network in person (outside, socially distanced, and with masks provided).
Key Elements of Transforming Leaders:
- As part of the tuition fee, all participants complete a 360-degree feedback assessment tool prior to the start of the program. The 360 allows participants to have a better understanding of themselves as a leader and team member, and we provide 1:1 peer coaching to enable participants to process and integrate the lessons learned from the assessment.
- Throughout the program, participants engage in group activities to create bonds and remove barriers, while gaining confidence and necessary skills.
- All participants are matched with a peer coach. In confidential one-on-one peer coaching sessions, participants work with LT alumni coaches who can help define goals for their leadership action plan and ensure progress is made on those goals during the program itself.
- Transforming Leaders is delivered with an equity lens on all content. Content is centered around enabling transformational leadership that acknowledges and accounts for differences in lived experience and proximity to power.
Class sessions are 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and are held approximately every week for two-and-a-half months. This gives time between sessions to apply what is being learned, practice new skills, and develop and refine competencies. Sessions consist of a rich mixture of pre-readings, instruction of content material, experiential activities, video clips, case studies, and individual and team reflection time.
The cost of this program is $2500, which includes the cost of the 360 degree assessment and all course materials.
The faculty is comprised of:
- Col. Joe LeBoeuf, PhD – Lead Instructor, and professor emeritus at the Duke Fuqua School of Business
- Mark Molitor – Director of Leadership Development, and ‘98 LT Alum
This dynamic program has developed an outstanding reputation for having an extraordinary impact on participants’ leadership effectiveness, career advancement, even their personal development. Ask a graduate!
“The organizational insights and team leadership training I received through Leadership Triangle were of a higher caliber, and of more use to me, than those I received during two years of a highly rated, full-time, MBA program. This is a great program, and I would recommend it to anyone wishing to increase their performance and satisfaction as a leader in the workplace, at any level, and in any industry.”