HIRING: Leadership Development Facilitator
Part time, Contract Position
If you think you have what it takes but don’t necessarily meet every single point listed below, please apply – you could be exactly who we are looking for!
Leadership Triangle is looking for an experienced Leadership Development Facilitator with a proven track record of co-designing and facilitating impactful leadership development programming through an equity lens. You will be joining as the second facilitator for our Transforming Leaders and Transforming Teams programs.
Leadership Triangle is a non-profit organization established in 1992 to build leadership capacity and promote regionalism across the separate communities of the Triangle (Chatham, Durham, Orange and Wake Counties.) It does this through leadership development classes, social networking, public forums, and an annual Leadership Summit and award celebration.
Our leadership development programs are centered in our mission of educating, developing, connecting and activating leaders committed to making the Triangle the best place to work, live and thrive. All of Leadership Triangle’s programs operate in a cohort based model and upon completion of a program, graduates become Goodmon Fellow Alumni and remain a member of our Goodmon Fellowship for life. We believe in building transformative leadership capacity in service of community impact.
Who You Are:
- You are a leadership development and organizational transformation nerd. You are trained in multiple leadership frameworks and you’ve been a facilitator for 3+ years.
- You apply an equity lens. You acknowledge and account for the differences in lived experience, proximity to power, and privilege as you develop content and design programs. You do not separate the individual leadership journey from systemic and structural realities.
- You do the work. You have been a part of leadership development programs and recognize that learning and practicing leadership is a lifelong journey, not a checked box.
- You are deeply empathetic and imaginative. You create brave space through your facilitation style and practice transformative, anti-oppressive, trauma-informed facilitation.
- You are community oriented. You know what it means to work within a diverse community and you know how to handle feedback. You’re receptive and employ human centered design principles.
- You are digitally competent. You’re comfortable with a wide range of learning & development software and technologies, and your thinking evolves with them.
- You’re autonomous and adaptable; organized and process-driven. You don’t worry when Plan A goes off the rails, and you like collaborating as a member of a high performing team.
Program & Experience Design
- Utilize human centered design principles to co-design and develop the content for Leadership Triangle’s 2021 Transforming Leaders and 2022 Transforming Teams programs, in collaboration with Leadership Triangle’s Executive Director and Director of Leadership Development.
- In-between and during sessions, proactively communicate with all program participants around assignments, program timelines and expectations. Deliver all assignments to participants on time.
- Prioritize experiential learning and participative workshops for both in-person and virtual learning environments.
- Co-design and deliver evaluation tools (pre and post) to quantify program impact.
- Consistently check in with the facilitation team and iterate program design as needed.
- Facilitate each session of the 2021 Transforming Leaders and 2022 Transforming Teams programs (either in a lead or supportive role).
- Co-create group norms and working agreements alongside program participants and ensure that the full group follows them.
- Mitigate and interrupt social power dynamics.
- Foster and grow a learning community amongst program participants, allowing them to share experiences, discuss challenges, and network during the program.
- Facilitate in an inclusive and equitable manner, including designing for multiple learning styles.
Contract Term: July 1, 2021 – April 30, 2022
Payment: $2,000 per month
Expected Time Commitment: ~5 hours/week, most likely from 9am-12pm on Tuesdays or Wednesdays.
Location: Triangle Area, NC
Leadership Triangle prohibits discrimination and harassment and provides equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, or age. Leadership Triangle is committed to recruiting, hiring, and promoting qualified minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans.
We will begin reviewing applications on April 13, 2021.