HIRING: Strategic Engagement & Content Director
If you think you have what it takes but don’t necessarily meet every single point listed below, please apply – you could be exactly who we are looking for!
Leadership Triangle is looking for a creative leader with a proven track record of designing digital systems, developing and executing content strategy, and successfully engaging donors. As the second full-time team member in our nonprofit organization, you will play an essential role in directing and executing projects from inception to production. If you like to dream big and deliver on the details, this will be a good fit for you.
Leadership Triangle is a non-profit organization established in 1992 to build leadership capacity and promote regionalism across the separate communities of the Triangle (Chatham, Durham, Orange and Wake Counties.) It does this through leadership development classes, social networking, public forums, and an annual Leadership Summit and award celebration.
As the Strategic Engagement & Content Director, you’ll be responsible for leading Leadership Triangle’s content strategy, brand strategy, and digital systems design. Your work will reach multiple audiences—including donors, Goodmon Fellow Alumni, media, community partners, and stakeholders.
Success in this role will depend on the development and execution of an integrated engagement, marketing and storytelling plan that enhances and promotes Leadership Triangle’s brand and strategic approach. The Director will employ a variety of platforms to achieve engagement goals including traditional and social media, print materials, website, presentations, and video, among others.
Who You Are:
- You are community oriented. You know what it means to work within a diverse community and you know how to handle feedback. You’re receptive and employ UX design principles.
- You apply an equity lens. You acknowledge and account for the differences in lived experience, proximity to power, and privilege as you design systems, engage community, and develop content.
- You are a wordsmith. You love copywriting challenges, and you know how to take complex ideas and turn them into a compelling email subject line. Your emotional intelligence is high, and you understand that different audiences operate with different mindsets and voices.
- You love solving puzzles, especially ones that require technical chops. Maybe you’ve never been to coding bootcamp, but you know (or can find) a fix for common email client and website display issues.
- You are bold and imaginative. You’ve been at the center of big ideas that get brought to life. You love good design and beautifully crafted experiences.
- You are cutting-edge and competent. You’re comfortable with a wide range of software, social media platforms, and digital marketing technologies, and your thinking evolves with them.
- You’re autonomous and adaptable; organized and process-driven. You don’t worry when Plan A goes off the rails, and you prefer to work in self-managed workplaces.
- Utilize UX design principles to help shape Leadership Triangle’s events, programs, and stories.
- Actively energize and seek input from LT volunteers, event committees, alumni, partnering organizations, and funders.
- Capture lessons learned from engagement through team reflection, alumni/participant feedback, and data gathering.
- Operationalize equity in Leadership Triangle’s engagement strategies.
- Develop the voice and feel of the Leadership Triangle brand.
- Increase organizational visibility.
- Create and maintain a content calendar alongside program and project timelines. Define goals and priorities for content.
- Direct, write, design, and publish content on our newsletter, blog, social media, and printed materials.
- Track email and social media engagement. Provide and implement operational recommendations for improvement.
- Continuously update and refine the Leadership Triangle website.
- Develop Sponsorship materials as needed; support grant research and writing.
- Tell the story of Leadership Triangle’s impact. Highlight the work and leadership of our Goodmon Fellow Alumni community.
- Integrate workflows between different software to create a fluid online user experience for Leadership Triangle Fellows and partners (experience with Zapier, Hubspot and Mailchimp preferred).
- Create and design on WordPress (html) with an eye for design accessibility and equity.
- Lead the strategy and launch of a digital community platform servicing the Goodmon Fellow Alumni community and the region as a whole (experience with Hivebrite a plus).
This is the budgeted starting salary for the candidate who accepts this position. We are unable to negotiate the starting salary at this time.
- Monthly tax-exempt reimbursement stipend
- SEP IRA contribution at 6%
- Flexible work schedule
- 15 days PTO, paid sick leave
- Professional Development fund: $2,500/FTE/yr
Start Date: February 2021
Location: Triangle Area, NC.
We have a physical office in downtown Raleigh, though we are currently working remotely due to the COVID-19 pandemic. You may utilize the office if you’d like.
Leadership Triangle prohibits discrimination and harassment and provides equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, or age. Leadership Triangle is committed to recruiting, hiring, and promoting qualified minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans.
Apply online. We will begin reviewing applications on January 11, 2021.