Leadership Triangle is looking for a details oriented leader with a proven track record of designing programs, events and experiences. As the third team member of our nonprofit organization, you will play an essential role in our community impact - ensuring that our programs and events run seamlessly for every participant. If you want to use your organizational skills to shape the future of our region, this will be a good fit for you.
This is a Part Time, Contract position. The anticipated start date is February 23, 2022 and the contract end date is December 23, 2022.
Leadership Triangle is a non-profit organization established in 1992 to build leadership capacity and promote regionalism across the separate communities of the Triangle (Chatham, Durham, Orange and Wake Counties.) It does this through leadership development classes, social networking, public forums, and an annual Leadership Summit and award celebration.
As the Program Assistant, you’ll be responsible for all of the logistics involved in our programs. In a typical week, you will likely secure venues, order catering for multiple events, design and run print orders of program handouts and booklets, update our digital CRM, and schedule social media posts. Your work will reach multiple audiences—including donors, Goodmon Fellow Alumni, media, community partners, and stakeholders.
Success in this role will depend on attention to detail, and the development and execution of systems that ensure quality and excellence in each of our programs. The Assistant will employ a variety of platforms to achieve programmatic goals, including multiple online software, print materials, presentations, and social media.
Who You Are:
- You are experienced in the service/event industry. You find solutions quickly, you don’t get thrown off when Plan A goes awry, and you enjoy solving problems.
- You thrive in the weeds. You are a master editor, and you rarely miss the details. You build systems that help you double check your work.
- You are community oriented. You know what it means to work within a diverse community and you know how to handle feedback. You’re receptive and employ UX design principles.
- You apply an equity lens. You acknowledge and account for the differences in lived experience, proximity to power, and privilege as you design events, engage community, and develop graphics.
- You pay attention. You know that small things really matter when it comes to someone’s experience, and you work to create small moments of delight for every participant.
- You are cutting edge and digitally competent. You’re comfortable with a wide range of software, and you build efficient automations and digital systems.
Program and Project Management
- Coordinate with and support program speakers and Faculty.
- Build internal systems to track deliverables and project progress (experience with Hubspot, Trello, Airtable, Slack and Zapier preferred).
- In collaboration with the Leadership Triangle team and Faculty, design and order all program materials, program supplies, and course handouts (experience with Canva or AI preferred).
- Be present at all Leadership Triangle programs to support logistical and tech needs throughout the day.
- Capture and process alumni/participant feedback and present cohesively designed post-program reports.
- Develop Sponsorship materials as needed; support grant research and writing.
Event Design and Logistics
- Utilize UX design principles to help shape Leadership Triangle’s programs and events.
- Secure venues, catering, materials and supplies for all Leadership Triangle programs and events.
- Operationalize equity and accessibility in Leadership Triangle’s program and event design.
- Be present at all Leadership Triangle events and support logistical and tech needs throughout the day. This may require some evening work (~1x every two months).
- In collaboration with the Leadership Triangle team, capture and process alumni/participant feedback and present in well designed post-event reports.
- Integrate workflows between different software to maximize efficiency (experience with Zapier, Hubspot, Surveymonkey, Airtable, Google Drive and Mailchimp preferred).
- Update Hubspot CRM as needed.
- Financial management of programs, including online invoicing and tracking payments + donations.
- Developing and maintaining contracts with all vendors, including event speakers and Faculty.
- Update and manage Leadership Triangle’s Alumni platform (experience with Mobilize preferred).
- Utilize a variety of online software to create name badges, program certificates, and design + order course handouts.
- Make small edits to our WordPress site (experience with Brizy or other wordpress plugins a plus).
- On occasion, engage and update Leadership Triangle’s social media (Linkedin, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram), as directed by our Strategic Engagement and Content Director.
Environmental Factors and Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- This position requires some work in the evenings to host programs and events (~1 evening per month), and may require working 1-2 weekends per year.
- We do not currently have a physical office; we work from home.
- Lifting, moving and walking at programs and events.
- Standing for long periods of time at programs and events.
- Exposure to computer screens for lengthy periods of time.
- Requires operating standard office equipment (i.e. telephone, computer, printer, copier, etc).
- Travel inside the Triangle region (Chatham, Durham, Orange and Wake Counties) approximately 30% of the time, including the transport of materials and supplies up to 50lbs per load.
Hourly Rate: $25/hour, 20 hours a week.
This is the budgeted hourly rate for the candidate who accepts this position. We are unable to negotiate the rate at this time.
This position will be present with us at most programs and events (typically all day every other Tuesday or Thursday), as well as working online from 10am-2pm on Mondays. Beyond that, hours are flexible.
- 6% SEP IRA Contribution
- Flexible work schedule
- 5 days PTO, 3 days paid sick leave
Contract Period: February 23, 2022 - December 23, 2022
Location: Triangle Area, NC.
Leadership Triangle prohibits discrimination and harassment and provides equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, or age. Leadership Triangle is committed to recruiting, hiring, and promoting qualified minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans.
We will begin reviewing applications on February 15, 2022.